Monday, February 14, 2011

Re-electing your city councilwoman


I was never a political person. I never really understood the difference between republicans, democrats and everything in between. College just made things worse when I was forced to register to vote, take classes and attend rallies. But there comes a time when you realize this world revolves around political clout. Sometimes it pays to know certain people in certain places. Not saying you should use this to your advantage, but you should be on everyone's good side :).

Tomorrow Maria Quiñones-Sanchez will officially announce her re-election for 7th District City Councilwoman. In the Facebook event page, Maria says, "In my first term as Councilwoman I have worked hard to represent the interests of my constituents and to help deliver services and resources to all the neighborhoods of the 7th Council District. I have been blessed with the support of many good friends and while we have accomplished a lot, we still have a lot of work to do, and challenges to meet." Here's to another great few years with great city leaders..

Re-election Announcement
Tuesday, February 15, 2010 at 4 p.m.
Sankofa Freedom Academy Charter School
4256 Paul Street
Philadelphia, PA

No comments: