Friday, October 10, 2014

Social Media Conferences for Latinos

Photo via the Hispanicize Facebook Page

Back when I worked in Philadelphia, I would attend local and national conferences that pretty much brought a lot of insight to many industries. I've recently taken a step back (for no reason), but as I search more and more conferences, I tell myself, "Sign me up!" Although I am attending the Social Media Tourism Symposium in Nashville next month, I need something that speaks to me at another level.

So naturally I did some more research and came up with this nifty list below.




  • Blogalicious - Sure it's meant for diverse women, but anyone can learn a thing or two about this multicultural world we live in and the power of Black and Latino social influencers. This year's conference actually takes place this coming November in San Antonio, TX.
  • Blogging While Brown - BWB is dedicated to education, collaboration, and innovation among bloggers of color. I had the opportunity to attend this conference when it was held in Philadelphia but haven't since. Next year's conference will be held in Austin, TX.
  • Hispanicize - Probably the largest event honoring Latino trendsetters, this conference is probably the one that brands should be attending. See you next year in Miami? It does fall on my birthday.
  • Latism - I remember when Latism (then Latinos in Social Media) launched a few years ago all with a simple tweet. It has now grown into a highly influential group of Latinos in Tech Inovation and Social Media. This year's conference (also in November) takes place in Anaheim, CA. 
Any other conferences of note? 

No comments: