Thursday, October 27, 2011

Bring it Home NALAC

Earlier today the Multicultural Affairs Congress (MAC) awarded some of the leading multicultural industry leaders. Although I wish I would have seen a little more Latino presence, it was good to see those who did show face. Anytime I enter a room I seem to place myself in a box because no one around me is the same: age, ethnicity, sex, etc. It just doesn't seem to ever make sense.

Anyhoot, I was happy to see El Sol Latino Newspaper and the National Association of Latino Arts & Culture (NALAC) awarded by MAC. It was also very heart-felt when they awarded Karin Phillips the Legacy Award for her work as a community affairs reporter for KYW Newsradio. I had the opportunity to work with her a few times and although quite the character, she had a heart like no one else.

So it's less than one year where NALAC will hold it's conference in Philadelphia. What's so special about this? Well let's start with the fact that this is the first time the conference will be held on the East Coast. That should be special enough. This year's theme, Seizing the Moment Now, is just a small glimpse of things to come. And from the looks of the 2010 conference, Philadelphia is bound to be one of the best yet. See you in a year.

No comments: