Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Treaty of San Lorenzo

Okay when I first read that I wasn't really sure what that meant. It just sounded important; and I'm sorry but I'm not a big fan of remembering laws nor dates in history. Yes I know that's probably horrible but that's why  I have something called the internet. In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, world renowned historian Thomas Chávez will be speaking about Spain and American independence. The Director Emeritus of National Hispanic Culture Center in Albuquerque and Santa Fe’s Palace of the Governors, Dr. Chávez holds a Ph.D. from the University of New Mexico.

Spain's contribution to American independence involved more financial and military assistance than is commonly understood, as Dr. Chávez has documented in his years of research. His lecture will take place Saturday, October 1 at 2 p.m. in Congress Hall, where the important Treaty of San Lorenzo was ratified in 1796. And there you have it.

No comments: