Monday, November 29, 2010

Dance Central's "Latino"


Happy Belated Thanksgiving everyone! Speaking of eating food all day and being lazy, last Friday I had the opportunity to play on the XBOX360 Kinect. One word: Exercise. Kinect brings games and entertainment to life in extraordinary new ways without using a controller. Imagine controlling movies and music with the wave of a hand or the sound of your voice. With Kinect, technology evaporates, letting the natural magic in all of us shine.

So what game did I play? Of course I had to get my Dance Central on! I had the chance to perform to Beanie Man's "King of the Dancehall" but someone else was the stereotype and performed to Pitbull's "I know You Want Me." To my non-shocking surprise, the creators of the game of course added a Salsa and Merengue step. You can't be mad at them for attempting to teach mainstream America something. But what did shock me was the "Latino" move. Really? Who names a move the "Latino?" Don't stop there though, there's a "Latina" move as well. Egh, it's a great workout and fun. But remember, what happens in your video game room stays in the video game room.

No comments: