Monday, November 16, 2009

Movie Review: 2012


So remember all those signs about being warned about the end of the world in 2012? Well not only are we ignoring the Mayans but I guess the movie did too! I, like everyone else, assumed there would be a much stronger message about the Mayan culture but I guess not.

The end of the world? Yes it was but civilization survived, well only a few. The Earth's entire structure changed causing havoc across countries including 9.0 earthquakes in Tokyo and Los Angeles. Yellow Stone National Park became the largest active volcano causing an explosion reaching Washington, D.C. Hawaii doesn't exist anymore. And my favorite, tsunami's reaching up to Mt. Everest across the globe. But I like disaster movies, you truly find out about a person when they are about to die or under extreme pressure.

What did we learn from this movie? I suggest everyone purchases a plane ticket to South Africa ASAP.

p.s. Wisconsin is now the South Pole.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, not a single Latino survived in this movie... apparently we won't make it. That sucks. How come the only brown person was that Mexican fixing the Russian's plane... I mean, not even secondary roles for the first minority in this country? This gringos think we do not exist.