Monday, July 23, 2012

Meeting Telemundo celebrities

Last Thursday I had the pleasure of meeting José Díaz-Balart at an event I put together. Mr.Díaz-Balart is the national anchor for Noticiero Telemundo and Enfoque, Telemundo's weekend public affairs program. I normally don't get star struck but it is a bit nerve wrecking considering they are the "face" of Telemundo and I'm just a simple marketing and promotions guy. You never know when a talent/celebrity might not be pleased with something. However, for the past year all the Telemundo celebrities I have met are bien simpatico.Considering I'm always at work when I meet them, I have to be on my A game.

Over the course of two years I have met Dra. Ana Maria Polo, Penelope Menchaca, Maria Celeste, Carmen Dominicci, Gabriel Valenzuela and now Jose Diaz-Balart. Of course when I tell my mom she says, "Por favor mandame una foto," which I of course do. Mom is the typical Telemundo viewer. She actually has a whole row of photos displayed at her house include some autographed talent cards. I wonder who I will be able to meet next!

No comments: