Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Promoted Post: Honoring our history with a museum

Normally don't do this but I was just so interested in my own topic I had to self promote the blog. I write for BeingLatino's blog and my latest post was about honoring our ancestry/history (whatever) with a museum. There's a lot that goes on when proposing such a museum so it might be years until we see the National Museum of the American Latino. It's a sensitive subject because Latinos (in America) are a combined force of Puerto Ricans, Colombians, Cubans, Dominicans and every other Central and South American ethnicity. Do we think it should happen? Of course, but we all have to come together as a people and realize it's not important for us, but for the GENERAL population so they can understand what we're about.

No comments: