Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My HS reunion...in NJ (and social media)

I don't normally write about my own personal past experiences but every since Facebook created these new semi-hidden groups, I've just been a little annoyed at one in particular. I know my 10-year high school reunion is coming up in 2012 and I'm actually happy about it. However, there's no need to have 200+ opinionated people comment on about what we should do. You have your committee and they should easily be able to make the decisions for us. Not everyone is going to be able to make it, it's that simple. And those that make it will be able to make it. I'll most likely attend just because it'll be fun...and it's something to do.

I could just be thinking way too hard about this. Or maybe I should just turn off all notifications off, but I just thought I'd give my two cents...not on Facebook. Let's turn things up a notch, I've been added to the "You know you're from Plainfield if..." <-- Annoying much? I'm sure this group will only stay active a few weeks and like any other group die out in a few. Social media...some people love it, some hate it and some just use it because it's free.

Anyways, I've actually found a lot of old friends on Facebook. Some whom I have never talked to, some who were friends and some that just because we both graduated the same year decided to friend me. -_-. Oh well, it's just Facebook. The chances of us meeting again are slim; it's possible, but slim. Well that's pretty much it. See you in 2012!

No comments: