Friday, November 14, 2008

So where do all the Latinos come from?


First thank you Jen Miller for posting this, classic. It just inspired me to rep Jersey :). But then I realized is that where I came from? Where I was born? Meanwhile, Muhlenberg hospital is being scheduled to close...to shame.

Anyways, over the past few years I've noticed Philadelphia is a "Puerto Rican" kind of city. No that's not a bad thing, I'm just saying that a lot of Puerto Ricans find themselves in either New York City or Philadelphia. However, go to Maryland and you'll see a lot of Central Americans, go to Florida you'll find Cubans, Texas...Mexicans. And for some odd reason, Chicago is filled with Mexicans.

I think I can probably name like 10 Colombians in Philadelphia, I know there are more out there, I just can't find them. Even at Tierra Colombiana, a lot of non-Colombians go there...especially during Reggaeton night...booo haha.

Soon however you probably won't get one single ethnicity. I've seen everything from Salvadorian/Mexican, African-American/Mexican, Cuban/African-American and even someone who "claimed" to be of like 6 different backgrounds haha.

2050 is going to be interesting :)

No comments: